Level A2 - How to stop speaking French like an English person
Sound more French and stop making common anglophone mistakes when you speak
Would you answer OUI to any of the following 3 questions?
- Are you tired of sounding like an English speaker when you speak French because you use the wrong word or forget to include an important one?
- Are you tired of piecing sentences together in French the way you would in English even though you know it's not the right way to do it, but you aren't quite sure what to do?
- Do you want your cute English accent to be the ONLY way anyone can tell you're not a native speaker?
- I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks.
- I've been studying French for 2 years.
- I was in France for 2 months.
- J'arrive chez toi environ 17h00.
- Je vais à l'école en vélo.
- J'attends pour toi devant ta chez.
- Tu ne t'es pas lavé tes mains?
This lesson is included in my BUNDLED FRENCH LESSONS.
In this course you'll start off by taking a 50 point multiple choice quiz to familiarize yourself with the content. Next, you'll challenge yourself to have a closer look at the 50 sentences in a new section (without the multiple choice answers) and figure out what is wrong with them. Once you've written your answers you'll have an opportunity to check your work. Don't worry, you won't only see the answers. How would that be helpful?? You'll receive a 21 page document to download. On this PDF you'll see the correct answers along with detailed explanations for all 50 sentences as to WHY it is this way in French as compared to the way we as English speakers are tempted to do it.
Mais ce n'est pas tout! You'll also get a 20 minute audio recording in which you'll hear me say the sentence to be translated in English. I'll give you time to say your sentence in French before you hear me say in French (twice, so that you can listen and repeat while improving fluency and pronunciation).
If you have any questions at all about this new mini-course designed just for learners like you, please don't hesitate to drop me a line. That's what I'm here for :-)
Jennifer is originally from Louisiana, and has been teaching French for over 20 years. She has been living in France with her husband and children since 2013, and continues to teach French both online and locally. She completed a BA in French and English, and taught French and moved to France for a year before completing an MA degree in French literature and language. While living in the US, she taught French for 15 years at Saint Louis University High School, a Jesuit college preparatory school for young men.