Level B2 - French Pronouns for Advanced Learners Listening and Reading Comprehension Course
Listening comprehension - Reading comprehension - Exercises with pronouns
Le dîner de Stéphane - A French lesson on using pronouns in context
This is a three part French lesson for upper - intermediate to advanced level learners that will assess three different skills: listening, reading, and choosing grammatically correct pronouns. It is a good idea to wait and check your answers once all three steps of this lesson have been completed. Once the lesson has been completed, you may want to go back and change some of your answers before checking them against the answer key.
This lesson is included in my BUNDLED FRENCH LESSONS.
This text is written in many different tenses. The pronouns used in this text are as follows:
- Direct object pronouns
- Indirect object pronouns
- Y and EN
- Reflexive pronouns
- Relative pronouns
- Relative composed pronouns
- Possessive pronouns
Each section contains downloadable PDFs and the audio recording is a downloadable MP3. If you don't want to print, you can just view online and write your answers on a separate sheet of paper. This course does NOT include a self-correcting online quiz. Answer keys are included, but you will need to check your own work.
Step 1: Listening comprehension
- Before listening to the reading be sure to listen to the audio recording of the comprehension questions to know what to be listening for in the reading. I am including a written copy of the comprehension questions in case you get stuck and really can’t understand. Just try not to look at it right away!
- Listen to the reading once without trying to answer the questions.
- Pause and replay the parts of the recording you didn’t understand, and remember that many pronouns are being used. Pay very close attention to context. You’ll have an opportunity to change your answers if you want to during the next step. Don’t look at the answer key yet!
- Listen to recording of the comprehension questions again, one question at a time. Try to answer as many of them as you can, and don’t hesitate to go back to the reading to listen again for details.
Step 2: Reading comprehension
- Read the text all the way through, then go back and have a look at your answers to the comprehension questions. Listen to them again if you need to, but still try to avoid looking at the written version if at all possible. You may find that you’ll want to change some of your answers to the comprehension questions. That’s ok, but still don’t look at the answer key!
Step 3: Pronouns exercise
- While completing the multiple choice exercise be sure to not have the text handy!
- Once you’ve finished the multiple choice activity you can give yourself a final challenge and complete the fill in the blank exercise.
- Now it’s time to check all of your answers using the answer keys provided.
If you have any questions about this course or any of the others in the Love Learning Languages Academy just drop me a line: [email protected]
Jennifer is originally from Louisiana, and has been teaching French for over 20 years. She completed a BA in French and English, and taught French and moved to France for a year before pursuing and earning an MA degree in French. She taught French for 15 years at Saint Louis University High School, a Jesuit college preparatory school for young men. Jennifer has been living in France with her husband and children since 2013, and continues to teach French both online and locally.