Level B1 - Intensive Intermediate Level French Grammar Review
Perfecting French Grammar A2 - B1 Levels
You're working toward completing the B1 level, and...
- You need a thorough review
- You would like more repetition
- You have forgotten some basic rules
- You want to test yourself before moving forward
- You need to brush up on the basics
Click here for a thorough preview of this course!
You've been reviewing your books and lessons, but...
- You want a global review instead of revisiting individual lessons
- You need to work on more than one tense at a time
- You need to practice using all of the pronouns you've learned
How does LLL's French Grammar Review Method work?
Jennifer provides an effective approach to reviewing essential French grammar.
Everything is clearly explained for English speakers.
More than 600 review questions are presented, featuring varied grammatical situations from the A2 - B1 levels.
As you watch the videos, you are shown slides with questions that prompt you to give a response. After a pause, you are shown the same slide with the answer provided. Each answer is read aloud for you to listen and repeat, and a grammar explanation is given in English.
This thorough intermediate level French review includes:
- Seven 30 minute review videos covering 600 review questions
- Grammar questions, answers, and explanations given in English
- 18 video lessons and 20 printable study guides for grammar topics
This program covers the following grammar:
- C'est vs Il est
- Bon - Bien - Meilleur - Mieux
- Depuis - Pendant - Pour - Il y a
- Relative pronouns: Qui - Que - Où
- Si clauses: Futur simple + Present tense
- Si clauses: Imperfect + Conditional
- Manquer à - To miss someone or something
- Disjunctive pronouns
- Present conditional: Could - Should - Would
- Pronouns: LE - LA - LES (present, past, future)
- Pronouns: LUI - LEUR (present, past, future)
- Pronouns: Y - EN (present, past, future)
- Finish the sentence prompts
- Verbs followed by À and DE
- DE - D' - DU - DE LA - DES
- Negation: Rien - Jamais - Plus - Pas encore
- Ways to use the verb PRENDRE
- Futur simple tense
- Present conditional tense
- Imperfect tense
- Passé composé vs. Imparfait
- Reflexive verbs (present, past, future)
- Common irregular verbs
How to use this review program:
Step 1: Watch the 30 minute SET 1 video review. Try to answer each question, and put the video on pause when you need extra time. Listen and repeat as Jennifer says the correct answer. Take note of anything new or that you had forgotten as you listen to grammar explanations in English.
Step 2: Look back at the notes you've taken for grammar topics that are difficult or even new to you. Look up those grammar lessons in the course curriculum, and watch the video lesson provided. Be sure to take advantage of lesson guides for each video. You'll find it most helpful to have all of the rules and examples written down for you.
Step 3: Do the same for video SETS 2 - 7.
This review course is included in LLL French Academy's money saving packages:
French Program for Self-Learners
Jennifer is originally from Louisiana, and has been teaching French for over 20 years. She has been living in France with her husband and children since 2013, and continues to teach French both online and locally. She completed a BA in French and English, and taught French and moved to France for a year before completing an MA degree in French literature and language. While living in the US, she taught French for 15 years at Saint Louis University High School, a Jesuit college preparatory school for young men.
StartC'est vs Il est (4:05)
StartBon - Bien - Meilleur - Mieux (47:28)
StartDepuis - Pendant - Pour - Il y a (19:13)
StartRelative pronouns: Qui - Que - Où - Dont (13:04)
StartSi clauses (29:27)
StartDisjunctive (stressed) pronouns (13:17)
StartConditional: Could - Should - Would (17:43)
StartDirect and indirect object pronouns: LE - LA - LES - LUI - LEUR (23:31)
StartPronouns: Y - EN (33:23)
StartDE: Practice using it in all of its forms (29:02)
StartFutur simple (29:36)
StartImperfect tense (40:06)
StartImperfect vs Passé Composé (9:16)
StartReflexive verbs - Present, past, future (25:41)
StartCommon irregular verbs - Conjugations and examples