Noël - French Christmas Listening and Reading Comprehension Lesson - Le Père Noël est Occupé!
Have some fun and improve your French this Christmas season!
Mini-Dialogue pour Noël: Le Père Noël est occupé!
This is a two part French lesson for upper-beginner to intermediate level learners that will assess two different skills: listening and reading comprehension. It is a good idea to wait and check your answers once both steps of this lesson have been completed. Once the lesson has been completed, you may want to go back and change some of your answers before checking them against the answer key.
This text is written in mostly in the present tense. Sometimes you’ll see the conditional (aimerait, voudrait) and a few pronouns are used from time to time.
Just click here for more Christmas listening and reading comprehension lessons!
If you enjoy my French freebie lessons, will you consider becoming my patron on Patreon? Merci beaucoup!!
Step 1: Listening comprehension
- Before listening to the reading be sure to listen to the audio recording of the comprehension questions to know what to be listening for in the reading. I am including a written copy of the comprehension questions in case you get stuck and really can’t understand. Just try not to look at it right away!
- Listen to the reading once without trying to answer the questions.
- Pause and replay the parts of the recording you didn’t understand. Pay very close attention to context. You’ll have an opportunity to change your answers if you want to during the next step. Don’t look at the answer key yet!
- Listen to recording of the comprehension questions again, one question at a time. Try to answer as many of them as you can, and don’t hesitate to go back to the reading to listen again for details.
Step 2: Reading comprehension
- Read the text all the way through, then go back and have a look at your answers to the comprehension questions. Listen to them again if you need to, but still try to avoid looking at the written version if at all possible. You may find that you’ll want to change some of your answers to the comprehension questions.
Step 3: Check your work
- Now it’s time to check all of your answers using the answer keys provided.
If you have any questions about this course or any of the others in the Love Learning Languages Academy just drop me a line: [email protected]
This lesson is included in my BUNDLED FRENCH LESSONS.
Jennifer is originally from Louisiana, and has been teaching French for over 20 years. She has been living in France with her husband and children since 2013, and continues to teach French both online and locally. She completed a BA in French and English, and taught French and moved to France for a year before completing an MA degree in French literature and language. While living in the US, she taught French for 15 years at Saint Louis University High School, a Jesuit college preparatory school for young men.