Noël - French Christmas listening and reading comprehension lessons - 5 Different themes about Noël!
Have some fun and improve your French this Christmas season!
Mini-Dialogue pour Noël: Le Père Noël est occupé!
This is a two part French lesson for upper-beginner to intermediate level learners that will assess two different skills: listening and reading comprehension. It is a good idea to wait and check your answers once both steps of this lesson have been completed. Once the lesson has been completed, you may want to go back and change some of your answers before checking them against the answer key.
This lesson is included in my BUNDLED FRENCH LESSONS.
This text is written in mostly in the present tense. Sometimes you’ll see the conditional (aimerait, voudrait) and a few pronouns are used from time to time.
Step 1: Listening comprehension
- Before listening to the reading be sure to listen to the audio recording of the comprehension questions to know what to be listening for in the reading. I am including a written copy of the comprehension questions in case you get stuck and really can’t understand. Just try not to look at it right away!
- Listen to the reading once without trying to answer the questions.
- Pause and replay the parts of the recording you didn’t understand. Pay very close attention to context. You’ll have an opportunity to change your answers if you want to during the next step. Don’t look at the answer key yet!
- Listen to recording of the comprehension questions again, one question at a time. Try to answer as many of them as you can, and don’t hesitate to go back to the reading to listen again for details.
Step 2: Reading comprehension
- Read the text all the way through, then go back and have a look at your answers to the comprehension questions. Listen to them again if you need to, but still try to avoid looking at the written version if at all possible. You may find that you’ll want to change some of your answers to the comprehension questions.
Step 3: Check your work
- Now it’s time to check all of your answers using the answer keys provided.
If you have any questions about this course or any of the others in the Love Learning Languages Academy just drop me a line: email@example.com
I'm Jennifer, and I'm a French teacher. I didn't grow up speaking French. I started learning French as an adult, so I know exactly how frustrating it can be when just trying to listen and respond seems impossible. I was fortunate enough to have CARING teachers who helped me and never seemed to be frustrated with me. When I started teaching French 20+ years ago, I was again fortunate to have mentors who showed me that CARING about my students and understanding their difficulties is the only way to help. I've been exactly where you are, and I know how to help you.
I completed a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and French, then taught French for a year and moved to France for a year before pursuing and earning a Master of Arts degree in French. I taught French at Saint Louis University High School, a Jesuit college preparatory school for young men, for 14 years. A while before relocating to the South of France, I began teaching French online via Skype. I am now teaching French online full time and I also give immersion classes and guided city visits in both languages in Béziers, France.
It’s my job to guide you and help you along on your journey to learn French. Learning should be fun, and I will make sure that enjoy yourself as you improve your listening, writing, reading, and most importantly your speaking skills. Over the years I have developed many creative strategies to guarantee your progress. All students have different learning styles, different strengths and weaknesses, and different levels. One of my first jobs as your teacher is to provide you with an approach that will suit your learning style so that you will get the most out of your classes as possible.